Notice: I’m an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
Are you one of the many who struggle with the post holiday blues after the holiday season ends? You are not alone…and there are things you can do to feel better!
It is hard to believe that another holiday season is coming to an end already. For a lot of people it also means that all of the shopping, parties, school and work functions, family gatherings, concerts and more are all finished for the season. And as the chaos and craziness of the season winds down, many are left feeling exhausted and a little blue. Struggling with mild to moderate post holidays depression is quite common.
So what can you do if you struggle with the holiday blues?
- Add some Omega 3’s. Cod liver oil is high in vitamin A and D as well as Omega 3 fatty acids, which many people are deficient in, particularly during the winter months. Taking cod liver oil can significantly reduce the holiday blues. You can also
- Light up your life! Getting a lot of natural, full spectrum light increases vitamin D levels. It also increases serotonin levels in the brain, which can help ease depression.
- Get moving! Getting some light to moderate exercise will help to release endorphins, the feel good brain chemicals as well as increase serotonin, the brain’s antidepressant. Try to get at least 20 minutes or more to release those chemicals!
- Get some laughs! Laughter really is good medicine! Doing some hearty laughing reduces cortisol, the body’s stress chemical. That will reduce your stress. It also increases endorphins, the feel good chemicals.
- Kick the sugar habit! Processed white sugar increases depression, so give up the sugar to help with the blues.
- Bring on the Meat! Pasture raised meats, dairy and eggs are full of amino acids which are necessary to create the brain chemicals necessary to defeat depression.
Try these things to help you through the post holiday blues and you’ll be feeling better soon!