There is something wonderful about recipes like this classic coleslaw. It has become a classic recipe for a reason. But this version will give you peace of mind because you know what ingredients are going into it.
If you are looking for a quick and simple side dish for dinner, a potluck or picnic, then try this super simple coleslaw recipe! Whip it together in about ten minutes and refrigerate until you are ready to leave the house! It really goes well with so many different dishes and tastes great too!
Using coconut sugar as the sweetener is a great option for those who are diabetic or who are concerned with blood sugar levels and is the only low GI sweetener. If you like your coleslaw a little less sweet, then you may want to limit the sweetener to 2 tbsp instead of 3.
Need a smaller recipe? Here is the recipe for two!
Here is the full recipe!
- 2 cups of shredded cabbage
- 2 tbsp shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp Sucanat, turbinado sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- In a small mixing bowl, add all ingredients except cabbage.
- Whisk ingredients together until smooth.
- In a large bowl, add the cabbage.
- Pour rest of the ingredients over the cabbage and mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve