Notice: I’m an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
This almond parmesan chicken is one that is based on a recipe that my Mom made for our family for years. I’m not actually sure where she got the recipe from because it’s been so long since it was introduced to our meal rotation. But we ate it fairly regularly because it was so yummy and very simple to prepare as well.
When I decided to make it, I wanted to make a few changes to it. The original recipe calls for the use of bread crumbs, but since I am eating primarily gluten and grain-free, I wanted to do an updated version that works for the grain-free crowd. This version has all of the flavor of the original, with one simple substitution…using almond (or cashew) meal in place of the bread crumbs.
It’s a simple recipe and only took about 10 minutes to put together and another 40 minutes to cook. Serve it with some steamed veggies or some of our roasted potatoes and yum…..a simple and incredibly tasty meal!
Almond Parmesan Chicken
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts
- ½ cup no-salt added almonds or almond meal
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp basil
- 1 tsp parsley
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp Himalayan salt
- 3-4 tbsp butter
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, F
- Grind the almonds in a coffee grinder or food processor until all big chunks are gone. (Skip this step if using almond meal)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine almond meal, parmesan cheese, oregano, basil, garlic powder, parsley and salt.
- Set aside.
- Melt the butter.
- Using a brush, brush melted butter onto one side of the chicken.
- Pour the almond mixture onto a plate.
- Dip the butter coated chicken in the almond mixture until fully coated.
- Repeat with the other side.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish sprayed with olive oil spray.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes, until internal temperature is over 165 degrees F.