I am a big fan or chicken salad and so when we grilled out the other night, I had my hubby grill and extra chicken breast for me to use for my chicken salad recipe. I simply didn’t want to use canned chicken because there are some additives that I just don’ t want to consume!
So today, I cut my cooked chicken breast into 1 inch cubes, put them in my food processor and pulsed it until it was broken down into smaller pieces….and perfect for chicken salad!
I used this recipe for homemade mayo from my friend Kristine at Real Food Girl: Unmodified. It’s great!
You can use this as a sandwich spread, on crackers, on a bed of lettuce, on half an avocado or in a wrap. It is a multi-purpose kind of meal!
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, ground in food processor (approx. 1 breast)
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Dash black pepper
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp dill or sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 tsp organic Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup homemade mayonnaise
- In a medium mixing bowl, add all ingredients.
- Mix until combined thoroughly.
- Cover and chill until ready to use.
Copyright 2013 Simple Clean Living