I am a big fan or chicken salad and so when we grilled out the other night, I had my hubby grill and extra chicken breast for me to use for my chicken salad recipe. I simply didn’t want to use canned chicken because there are some additives that I just don’ t want to consume!
So today, I cut my cooked chicken breast into 1 inch cubes, put them in my food processor and pulsed it until it was broken down into smaller pieces….and perfect for chicken salad! It turned out beautifully with my homemade mayo….yum!
You can use this as a sandwich spread, on crackers, on a bed of lettuce, on half an avocado or in a wrap. It is a multi-purpose kind of meal!
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, ground in food processor (approx. 1 breast)
- ¼ cup celery, finely chopped
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Dash black pepper
- ¼ tsp unrefined sea salt
- ½ tbsp dill or sweet pickle relish
- ½ tsp organic Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup homemade mayonnaise
- In a medium mixing bowl, add all ingredients.
- Mix until combined thoroughly.
- Cover and chill until ready to use.