Notice: I’m an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
It’s so sad that tapioca pudding is not so common anymore. Light, fluffy, dreamy, sweetness. It was one of my Mom’s favorites and now it is one of mine!
Homemade tapioca pudding is absolutely divine! I remember my mother making it regularly while I was growing up and it was always a special treat when she did! I wanted to make some homemade tapioca but wanted to see how well this recipe translated to the slow cooker. This recipe could not have been any more simple to make….throw all of the ingredients into the crock, mix well and turn it on! Simple, right? This was so yummy that it will definitely be added to our list of family favorites.
What I like most about this recipe is that you throw all of the ingredients into the slow cooker, turn it on and let it cook. Easy prep….no muss, no fuss!
This recipe is both naturally gluten-free and grain-free.
Slow Cooker Tapioca Pudding
- 2 cups milk or heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Sucanat or turbinado sugar
- 1/4 cup organic small pearl tapioca
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Add all ingredients to crock of slow cooker (a smaller 3 quart cooker works best)
- Mix well.
- Cool on high for 1 1/2 -3 hours (you will need less time with a larger slow cooker) or on low for 4-5 hours.
- Stir the mix occasionally throughout the cooking time.