There are some times that you need a side dish that is simple and quick to prepare. Hashbrowns are definitely one of those easy side dishes. I’m kinda surprised that people opt to buy the frozen variety so often because they are actually very easy to make and with no chemical additives in the homemade kind, they are much healthier for you too!
You can cook the potatoes in advance and allow them to chill in the refrigerator overnight. These are great grilled up by themselves or use them in a breakfast casserole or in tasty breakfast casseroles. One of my favorite things about these is that they can literally be used for any meal! Breakfast, lunch or dinner!
This recipe is both gluten and grain free….naturally!
- 1 russet potato
- In a large pot of water, boil potato, unpeeled, until soft.
- Remove from water and allow to cool fully. Once cooled, you will be able to easily pull off the skins.
- Grate the potato.
- Add some Extra virgin Olive Oil, butter or lard to a large skillet.
- Turn on heat to medium. If using butter or lard, allow to melt.
- Add the hash browns and allow to cook until brown. Flip the hash browns to brown the other side.