Notice: I’m an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
There are times that you need a side dish that is simple and quick to prepare. Hashbrowns are definitely one of those easy side dishes. I’m kinda surprised that people opt to buy the frozen variety so often because they are actually very easy to make and with no chemical additives in the homemade kind, they are much healthier for you too!
When I first created this recipe, doing hashbrowns on the stovetop or in the oven, were your only choices. Of course, now more people are also doing them in the air fryer. I have not quite jumped on the air fryer bandwagon…yet. But I’m researching them and pricing them out. Once I’ve made the decision to purchase one, I will revisit this recipe and updating for you!
You can cook the potatoes in advance and allow them to chill in the refrigerator overnight. These are great grilled up by themselves or use in a tasty breakfast casserole. You can always use them as a side dish for a homemade burger! One of my favorite things about these is that they can literally be used for any meal! Breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
This recipe is both gluten and grain-free….naturally!
Homemade Hashbrowns (Recipes for One)
- 1 russet potato
- In a large pot of water, boil potato, unpeeled, until soft.
- Remove from water and allow to cool fully. Once cooled, you will be able to easily pull off the skins.
- Grate the potato.
- Add some Extra virgin Olive Oil, butter or lard to a large skillet.
- Turn on heat to medium. If using butter or lard, allow to melt.
- Add the hash browns and allow to cook until brown. Flip the hash browns to brown the other side.