Simple food is my favorite, and this skillet smoked sausage and potatoes is definitely simple!
This is one of those recipes that is complete comfort food for me. I remember my Mom making this when I was really young. And so there is a strong connection between family and this dish. I love that it is simple to make and only requires a few ingredients. It is completely done on top of the stove in your skillet. It also is the kind of meal that you can whip together when you don’t have anything planned for dinner and need something quick.
I have also included the smaller recipe for one person below, so if you want to just cook this for yourself, you can do that too! I typically use a cast iron skillet like this one and it works really well! It’s great!
This recipe is naturally grain and gluten free.
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
- 3-4 large potatoes, thinly sliced and quartered
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp real salt
- 3 tbsp butter
- In a large skillet melt the butter.
- Add the garlic, onions and potatoes and allow to cook for approximately 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the sausage and continue cooking until the potatoes have cooked completely.
- Season with the salt and pepper and serve.