Notice: I'm an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
I really like this simple cheeseburger frittata recipe a lot! I used to make a version of this many years ago but had actually forgotten about it until recently when I stumbled across an old collection of recipes that I used to make about 10 years ago. It is simple to make and has a lot of flavors and I often use it as a dinner idea, although it is wonderful for breakfast or lunch too! Pair it with a small bowl of fresh fruit and you have a nourishing, fantastic meal!
This version will feed two generously. It is really great for Sunday brunch or a nice dinner. It reheats really well too (and I know this from personal experience!) Luckily, this recipe is both gluten and grain-free so it is great for those who cannot eat grains. You can easily make this dairy-free by substituting non-dairy milk like almond or coconut milk in place of the milk or heavy cream.
It is both gluten-free and grain-free.
Simple Cheeseburger Frittata (Recipes for Two)
- 8 eggs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup whole milk or heavy cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp butter
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add the butter to an 12 inch cast iron skillet and place it in the oven to melt and preheat skillet
- Brown the ground beef, onion and garlic together.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat together the eggs and milk and set aside.
- Remove the skillet from the oven, and make sure the butter is coating the bottom fully.
- Add the ground beef mixture and top with 1/2 of the cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over top.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Top the egg mixture with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.