I really like this simple cheeseburger frittata recipe a lot! I used to make a version of this many years ago, but had actually forgotten about it until recently when I stumbled across and old collection of recipes that I used to make about 10 years ago. It is simple to make and has a lot of flavor and I often use it as a dinner idea, although it is wonderful for breakfast or lunch too! Pair it with a small bowl of fresh fruit and you have a nourishing, fantastic meal!
This version will feed two generously. It is really great for Sunday brunch or a nice dinner. It reheats really well too (and I know this from personal experience!) Luckily, this recipe is both gluten and grain free so it is great for those who cannot eat grains. You can easily make this dairy free by substituting a non-dairy milk like almond or coconut milk in place of the milk or heavy cream.
It is both gluten free and grain free.
This version is enough for 2 people, although I make it and then use it for a meal on two different days, which works out really well (leftovers are our friends when you’re single!)
- 8 eggs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup whole milk or heavy cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp butter
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add the butter to an 12 inch cast iron skillet and place it in the oven to melt and preheat skillet
- Brown the ground beef, onion and garlic together.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat together the eggs and milk and set aside.
- Remove the skillet from the oven, and make sure the butter is coating the bottom fully.
- Add the ground beef mixture and top with 1/2 of the cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over top.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Top the egg mixture with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.