Notice: I’m an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
Cheesy, tomatoey goodness….that is what this baked ziti with meat sauce is! I have a real love for Italian food. I just love the tomatoes, garlic, pasta….and cheese! This recipe definitely delivers all of that and is super cheesy for cheese lovers. It is also fabulously delicious as well! Great for dinner anytime!
Of course, I wanted to make this gluten-free so that I prevented the reflux that always happens when I eat wheat. The gluten-free version was every bit as tasty as the wheat version.
I love to pair this meal with some green beans or a nice Italian salad for a great, filling meal!
Of course, this recipe is gluten-free.
Baked Ziti with Meat Sauce
- 1 lb grass raised ground beef turkey or chicken
- 25 oz. jar of organic spaghetti sauce or 3 cups homemade
- ½ lb gluten free ziti pasta
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1½ cup mozzarella cheese grated and divided
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated and divided
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ tbsp parsley
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the pasta for half of the time of the package directions. Set aside.
- In a skillet, brown the meat fully.
- Add the spaghetti sauce and heat through.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella, ⅛ cup Parmesan, egg, parsley and black pepper.
- Mix ⅓ of the cheese mixture with the partially cooked pasta until well mixed.
- In an 8×8 baking dish, spread 1½ cups of meat sauce on the bottom.
- Top sauce with ½ of the undercooked pasta.
- Spread remaining cheese mixture on top of the pasta.
- Spread 2 cups of meat sauce on top of the cheese mixture.
- Spread on another layer of pasta.
- Spread on the remaining meat sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan on top.
- Place baking dish on a baking sheet to catch spills.
- Cook for 30 minutes.