Notice: I'm an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
Viva Italia! Today I’m sharing the luscious, decadent Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken recipe that tastes like something that takes a lot of time to prepare….but doesn’t!! Woo hoo!
After two weeks away, I have been so excited to bring you some new slow cooker recipes! My slow cooker has really been my best buddy over the busy couple of weeks that I’ve had! I really have no idea what kind of food I would’ve ended up eating if I didn’t have some super quick and easy slow cooker meals to fix! But cooking from scratch is just so much better on my body than eating out a lot! My tummy really doesn’t like that at all! Even though I’m single, using a slow cooker still works! I have a cute little 1.5-quart mini slow cooker that is brilliant for making 1-2 serving slow cooker meals.
Who says that you can’t eat great, home-cooked meals when you’re single….and I’m living proof that you can!
This recipe was really a food experiment. I looked at what I had in the freezer and the fridge (organic diced tomatoes, heavy cream, veggies, and chicken). I had no idea if this recipe would work or not, but was very pleasantly surprised when it tasted really yummy! It is such a simple dish but has a really quick prep time (less than 10 minutes), which makes it a real time saver.
I love the versatility of this recipe for different dietary concerns as well. You can serve this over whole wheat pasta, brown rice pasta (gluten-free), or fresh zucchini pasta (grain-free)….whatever you need and what works best for your body! For those who are dairy-free, you can use coconut milk or cream and omit the Parmesan cheese!
Pair this with some Italian style green beans or a nice salad for a great meal!
Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken (Recipes for Two)
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast or thighs-pasture raised preferred
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes or approx 1 1/2 cups freshly diced
- I cup heavy cream or unsweetened coconut milk dairy free
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese omit for dairy free
- Spray crock with olive oil
- Add chicken, diced tomatoes, basil, oregano, garlic, salt, onions and mushrooms.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 4 hours.
- One hour before finished cooking, add the cream and Parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Serve over whole wheat, brown rice (gluten free) or fresh zucchini pasta (grain free)