Notice: I'm an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
I really love to go to Mexican restaurants and nibble on the warm basket of tortilla chips that they bring to the table, don’t you? But nowadays, instead of going out for some Mexican food all of the time, I often choose to make healthy versions at home instead! But I didn’t want to overlook my favorite tortilla chips, because they are just so yummy. This recipe is super simple and very tasty too! These were actually created on a night that I had a craving for tortilla chips but no chips! I did however have some extra tortillas and so I experimented and created these!
I do try to find corn tortillas that have as few ingredients as possible. It’s always good to read the labels so that you know exactly what you are getting! I am always sure to purchase gluten-free tortillas because they are just much easier on my digestive system! I have used both white and yellow corn tortillas for this recipe, and they both taste just as yummy! They are just different colors!
Baked Corn Tortilla Chips
- 12- 6 inch corn tortillas
- Extra virgin olive oil in mister
- Unrefined sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray one side of each tortilla with olive oil.
- Stack 4 tortillas together.
- Cut tortillas in 6ths with pizza cutter or sharp knife.
- Spread tortilla triangles onto 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper, making sure that they do not touch.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 6 minutes. Switch the baking sheets and bake for another 5-6 minutes, until the chips begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.