I have several very yummy recipes that I’ve really wanted to convert to real food recipes, but one problem that I encountered was that some of my favorites contain onion soup mix. So I picked up a package of onion soup mix when I was at the store and read the ingredients…..Yikes! I just couldn’t buy the soup mix with all of those toxic additives! Sugar, caramel coloring, MSG, corn syrup and more.
So I played around to create a suitable recipe that I could substitute and here it is. It doesn’t taste exactly like the envelopes that you get at the store, but it was very tasty. Hope you enjoy it too!
- ⅔ cup dehydrated, minced onion
- 3 tsp parsley flakes
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp tumeric
- 1 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1 tsp Sucanat
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp celery seed, ground
- Add all ingredients into a container with an airtight lid.
- Put lid on and shake well to mix.
- Mix well before each use to remix.