Notice: I’m an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
I have a very long and fond history with this recipe for chocolate oatmeal no-bake cookies. You see, when I was in middle school I had to take a home economics class. And remember it very well. In that class, we learned the basics of cooking and sewing and I still have all of the recipes that we created….written in my oh so large, pre-teen handwriting.
This recipe was one of my favorite ones from that class, and I’ve been making it for years. Of course, I did change some of the ingredients to make it a little more nourishing…but it still tastes so yummy!. And I also used almond butter in this because my tummy is not real fond of peanut butter, which is actually a legume and not a nut. But you can use your favorite nut butter and it should work just fine!
This recipe is naturally gluten-free.
Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies
- 1 cup sucanat coconut sugar or turbinado sugar
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 stuck butter 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup nut or seed butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal
- In a heavy saucepan add sugar, cacao, butter and milk.
- Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Allow mixture to boil for one minute.
- Remove from heat and add nut/seed butter, vanilla and oatmeal.
- Mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheet lined with waxed paper.
- Chill in refrigerator until hardened.
- Best stored in the refrigerator.