If you’ve seen any of my other recipes, you know that I really like quick, easy and inexpensive meals that are great for a night when you need something and don’t have a lot of time. This Tex-Mex ground beef skillet meal recipe really fits the bill well.
If you want to make it even more cost efficient, then you can even halve the amount of corn and green beans.
I really love to buy large bags of rice and cook them up at the beginning of the month. I freeze one and one and a half cup portions of the cooked rice which makes things really cost efficient. You can add a little flavor by topping this meal with shredded cheddar cheese if you want. It’s REALLY yummy that way!
Please be aware that there is one brand of rice that I both eat and recommend! That is the Lundberg brand! Why? There is a lot of concern about high heavy metal content of rice imported from overseas. Lundberg brand has several varieties of their rice tested and came back with virtually no heavy metals! When you are trying to lighten the toxic load on your body, that it really important!
This recipe is naturally gluten free.
Here is the recipe for two!
Here’s the full recipe!
- 1 lb ground beef, grass fed and raised
- 1/2 lg onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups pre-cooked rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup organic frozen corn
- 1 cup organic frozen green beans
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning (can use more to taste)
- Salt, to taste if needed
- Cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
- Brown ground beef and onion in skillet
- Drain any grease
- Add taco seasoning and water. Mix well.
- Add corn, green beans, rice and salsa and mix well.
- Allow mix to simmer until everything is cooked through.
- Salt to taste if necessary.
- Dish up and top with shredded cheddar (optional).