Notice: I'm an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
If you’ve seen any of my other recipes, you know that I really like quick, easy, and inexpensive meals that are great for a night when you need something and don’t have a lot of time. This Tex-Mex ground beef skillet meal recipe really fits the bill well.
If you want to make it even more cost-efficient, then you can even halve the amount of corn and green beans.
I really love to buy large bags of rice and cook them up at the beginning of the month. I freeze one and one and a half cup portions of the cooked rice which makes things really cost-efficient. You can add a little flavor by topping this meal with shredded cheddar cheese if you want. It’s REALLY yummy that way!
Please be aware that there is one brand of rice that I both eat and recommend! That is the Lundberg brand! Why? There is a lot of concern about the high heavy metal content of rice imported from overseas. Lundberg brand has several varieties of their rice tested and came back with virtually no heavy metals! When you are trying to lighten the toxic load on your body, that is really important!
This recipe is naturally gluten-free.
Tex-Mex Ground Beef Skillet Meal
- 1 lb ground beef grass fed and raised
- 1/2 lg onion chopped
- 1 1/2 cups pre-cooked rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup organic frozen corn
- 1 cup organic frozen green beans
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning can use more to taste
- Salt to taste if needed
- Cheddar cheese grated (optional)
- Brown ground beef and onion in skillet
- Drain any grease
- Add taco seasoning and water. Mix well.
- Add corn, green beans, rice and salsa and mix well.
- Allow mix to simmer until everything is cooked through.
- Salt to taste if necessary.
- Dish up and top with shredded cheddar (optional).