I love this slow cooker Southwestern chicken soup recipe! It is another slow cooker recipe that is quick and easy….just throw in the ingredients and go. This one was born out of necessity. I have a cream based Southwestern themed chicken soup which I absolutely adore! But when I was going to make it I realized that I didn’t have any cream! Ugh!! So I have redone my favorite soup so that it is not cream based.
This soup is not grain free, but leave out the corn to make it free from grain. I love topping mine with a little grated cheese too….yum!
This is my favorite slow cooker to use (and I have three!).
Here is the recipe for two!
Here’s the full recipe!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh/frozen corn (organic)
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can green chilies (organic)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt (add just before serving)
- 2 cups salsa (organic)
- 1 can or 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes (organic, no salt added)
- 2 cups bone broth or vegetable broth
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5.