Notice: I'm an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
I love this slow cooker Southwestern chicken soup recipe! It is another slow cooker recipe that is quick and easy….just throw in the ingredients and go. This one was born out of necessity. I have a cream-based Southwestern-themed chicken soup which I absolutely adore! But when I was going to make it I realized that I didn’t have any cream! Ugh!! So I have redone my favorite soup so that it is not cream-based.
This soup is not grain-free, but leave out the corn to make it free from grain. I love topping mine with a little grated cheese too….yum!
This is my favorite slow cooker to use (and I have three!).
Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper chopped
- 1 cup fresh/frozen corn organic
- 3-4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 can green chilies organic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt add just before serving
- 2 cups salsa organic
- 1 can or 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes organic, no salt added
- 2 cups bone broth or vegetable broth
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5.