Easy Cream of Mushroom Soup
It's simple to make casseroles again and at the same time avoid additives and preservatives commonly found in store bought brands of cream of mushroom soup!
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms finely diced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup organic vegetable broth or bone broth
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
in a skillet add the extra virgin olive oil on medium heat.
Add the onion and mushrooms and saute until the onions are translucent.
Whisk in arrowroot powder.
Add broth and almond milk and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat and allow the mix to simmer. Stir regularly.
The mixture will thicken as it cooks, so cook until the consistency that you want (10-20 mins).
- This recipe makes the equivalent of 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup. One can equals approximately 1.5 cups. The recipe makes 3 cups total.