I adore quick breads, those sweet and delicious breads that go great with soup. This sprouted apple cinnamon bread recipe is one of my favorites! So flavorful and perfect to pair with any meal!
I love it when fall arrives and the weather starts to get cooler because it means one thing….baking season. Because I live in the heat of the south, I don’t do a whole lot of baking during the summer because it is just too hot to have the oven on. But it’s now time to heat up the oven and start baking wonderful, tasty baked goodies!
I’ve always loved fresh homemade banana bread, but I also was looking for another sweet bread that I can use to accompany a nice hot soup. This is a version of apple cinnamon bread that is tasty and simple to make. It also makes a wonderful baked gift!
I used this sprouted wheat flour for this recipe. It works very well and is not too dry.
- 1½ cup sprouted wheat or spelt flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder, aluminum free
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup sucanat, coconut sugar or turbinado sugar
- 1 cup apple, peeled and shredded (1 large apple is typically enough)
- ¼ cup coconut oil or butter, melted
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup milk
- Grease a 5x9 loaf pan with coconut oil or butter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt and sugar in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add the apple, coconut oil or butter, egg and milk and mix thoroughly. Batter will be a little lumpy.
- Spread batter into greased loaf pan and make sure it is evenly spread.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes to 1 hr. Bread will be done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool for 10-15 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool fully