My husband actually made a request the other day for pot roast, so I thought “what a great time for me to put together a recipe for a slow cooker pot roast”. My main food motto is “No fuss, no muss” and I love things that are quick and simple, yet clean and healthy.
So this little pot roast recipe is straight forward and very easy. It only took me about 15 minutes of prep time and I let it cook all day. My house smelled divine! This recipe calls for homemade onion soup mix but you can use this recipe to keep it free from unwanted chemical additives.
I use a great 6 quart slow cooker for this recipe. I have had it for more than 5 years and use it regularly and it’s worked fantastically for me
- 2 lb beef roast (eye of round, top round, bottom round, top sirloin or sirloin tip are the leanest cuts)
- 1½ cups beef broth, homemade
- 4 potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1½ cups of baby carrots or carrots cut into ½ inch slices
- ½ large onion, quartered and pulled into pieces
- 2 tbsp homemade onion soup mix
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- Spray crock pot with olive oil and place roast inside.
- Surround with cut onion, carrots and potatoes.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the beef broth, onion soup mix and garlic.
- Pour broth mixture over the beef and vegetables.
- Sprinkle sea salt and pepper over beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours.