This slow cooker hamburger potato casserole makes for a super simple and tasty meal!
Oh how I adore my slow cookers! Yes that’s right, I own more than one! Before I switched to a real food way of life, on busy days I often turned to really unhealthy fast or convenience foods. Of course, that’s before I knew better! Now, when the busy days hit, I fire up the slow cooker, prepare dinner much earlier in the day and let it cook all day. I am able to have a healthy meal and not have to rely on processed foods!
I am thinking of different recipes to make and this one is pretty simple, hearty and tasty too! You can even top each serving with some cheddar cheese to make it even more tasty! This recipe uses coconut aminos instead of soy sauce (affiliate link) It also calls for unrefined sea salt. This is the brand I use and I LOVE it! (affiliate link)
This recipe is naturally gluten free.
- 1 lb ground beef (grass-fed preferred)
- 3 lg russet potatoes, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup organic corn, fresh or frozen
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cream of mushroom soup (1 can organic)
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Brown the ground beef
- Add all ingredients to your slow cooker
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 2-3.