My two favorite things….comfort foods and my slow cooker! I’ve been wanting to make this slow cooker chicken parmesan for awhile. But finding a recipe for one person is next to impossible. So I created this version. And it is so simple and quick to fix that it will be on my favorites list…guaranteed! Many restaurants use breaded chicken in this dish, but it’s simply not necessary. You can use this recipe for homemade spaghetti sauce. This slow cooker chicken parmesan is a great, simple and easy meal that you can feel good eating.
The main dish itself is both gluten and grain free, but what you serve it with will determine whether or not it stays that way. You can serve this over gluten free pasta. I love to eat this with zucchini pasta, which makes this dish grain free.
It would be very simple to double this recipe if you have a two person family…or if you just want to have some leftovers!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- Homemade spaghetti sauce or organic jarred spaghetti sauce.
- whole mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker.
- Cover with sauce.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5.
- minutes before serving, top with cheese and allow to melt.