Although spring officially arrived this week, here in SC it is cold, damp and rainy…definitely feeling more like winter than spring. So I decided that today was a great day for nice warm chicken noodle soup. This traditional soup is filled with nourishing bone broth, pasture raised chicken and organic veggies. My hubby loved this soup so much that he went back for seconds….true praise indeed!
This chicken noodle soup is really quick and easy to put together. It only took between 10 and 15 minutes to chop veggies and get everything into the crock pot! Let it cook while you go on with your day and you’ll have an amazing meal waiting for you!
Do be aware that my hubby and I prefer our soup with less broth and more chicken and noodles, so we only use 3 cups of broth. We just like it that way!
- 1 lb boneless chicken (breast or thigh)
- 5 cups bone broth
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- ½ cup celery, diced
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder (or 3-4 cloves fresh garlic, chopped)
- ½ tsp basil
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 cup dry rice pasta
- Add all ingredients except pasta into slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 7 hours, or high for 4.
- 1 hours before cooking time ends, add the dry pasta.
- Remove bay leaf and shred chicken with a couple of forks before serving.