It has been downright chilly here in SC and was particularly cold last night. So for some reason in the wee hours of the morning, I got the itch to whip together a batch of homemade soup….for the slow cooker, of course.
This soup is about as simple as you can get. There are only 8 ingredients, including the seasoning! And it is really tasty too. I know something tastes good when my husband makes a comment about how good dinner is, without me asking for his input on how a meal tastes. And he even made the effort to come out to where I was working to let me know how much he liked it!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Herbes de Province
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 4 cups homemade chicken stock or bone broth
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- Put all ingredients into slow cooker
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5.