I have absolutely been LOVING using my new spiral vegetable slicer. I have been making lots of simple lunches with it and I really love making zucchini pasta (I’ve made it three times already and have only had the slicer for four days!) I had some leftover meatballs from last night, and wanted to make something quick and easy for lunch, so I decided that I would make some zucchini pasta and top it with some kind of homemade alfredo sauce.
The sauce that I created was super simple! It took very little time, but is so incredibly tasty! Even my husband, who is not a big alfredo fan, liked it so much that he told me that I needed to share it with y’all.
This is perfect with pasta of any kind. Of course, I used a zucchini pasta that had been lightly sauteed in some fresh butter, but you can use your favorite pasta and it will work just fine!
- Pasta of your choice (enough for 4 people)
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz freshly grated Parmesan
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- pinch salt
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter.
- Add remaining ingredients
- Cook on low heat stirring frequently until the cheeses have almost completely melted. (Do NOT allow to boil)
- Whisk mixture to remove lumps.
- Pour over pasta.
- Refrigerate any unused sauce.