This dish can actually do double duty. It can be a meal, or it can be used for parties as a dip for tortilla chips. I actually make it as both! When my hubby and I eat this as a meal, we dip our tortilla chips that way and use them as a spoon. You can also make this as hot as you want, or not at all.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 ½ cups soaked black beans or 1 can, drained
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- dash of cayenne pepper
- tortilla chips
- ½ lg chopped onion
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef, onions and garlic.
- Add black beans, green chilies, seasonings and tomato sauce
- Place mixture into a 3 quart casserole dish
- Top with diced tomatoes
- Top tomatoes with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes until the casserole is heated through and cheese is melted.
- Dip tortilla chips in to eat and enjoy!
Copyright 2013 Simple Clean Living