Hash browns are actually very easy to make and with no chemical additives in the homemade kind, they are much healthier for you too.
You can cook the potatoes in advance and allow them to chill in the refrigerator overnight. These are great grilled up by themselves or use them in a breakfast casserole or in hash brown casserole.
- 4 russet potatoes
- In a large pot of water, boil potatoes (either peeled or unpeeled) until soft.
- Remove from water and allow to cool fully.
- Grate the potatoes.
- You can either freeze them for later use, or add some EV Olive Oil, butter or lard to a large skillet.
- Turn on heat to medium. If using butter or lard, allow to melt.
- Add the hash browns and allow to cook until brown. Flip the hash browns to brown the other side.
Photo credit: Potatoes by Vera Kratochvil