The holiday season is almost here and one classic holiday dish is homemade cranberry sauce.
I love the holidays and traditions have always been important for my family. There are certain things that we always have at Thanksgiving, and one is cranberry sauce. But, typically we would have the type from a can, that has a gelatin consistency. The type that still has the rings imprinted from the can on the slices that sit on the serving plate.
This year, skip the canned type and make this simple but tasty version! This version is incredibly simple to make….so simple that you’ll be surprised how easy it really is. It is also much tastier than any canned version, and you can be confident in knowing exactly what you are putting in it!
It is sure to be a hit this Thanksgiving!
- 12 oz bag fresh cranberries
- ¾ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup granulated coconut/palm sugar/turbinado sugar or organic sugar
- Place all ingredients into a medium sauce pan.
- Cook on medium high heat until most of the liquid has reduced, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and serve.