If you love mashed potatoes, but are looking for a healthier options, this garlic mashed cauliflower is a great substitute. The consistency is almost like mashed potatoes, and the taste is right on par with every mashed potato recipe that I’ve ever eaten. I didn’t tell my hubby that it was mashed cauliflower, and he really liked them a lot.
This recipe will save you a lot of calories and will save you time as well. And it’s a great way to incorporate more low calorie vegetables into your family’s diet…without them even needing to know!
- I head of cauliflower chopped into small florets.
- ¼ cup of 2% milk or organic chicken broth.
- 1 tbsp organic butter.
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped.
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste.
- Steam the cauliflower on the stove top or in microwave until tender.
- Place cauliflower, milk or broth, butter, garlic and seasonings in food processor. (can add more milk or broth if needed)
- Process on low until smooth.