This almond parmesan chicken is one that is based on a recipe that my Mom made for our family for years. I’m not actually sure where she got the recipe from because it’s been so long since it was introduced to our meal rotation. But we ate it fairly regularly because it was so yummy and very simple to prepare as well.
When I decided to make it, I wanted to make a few changes to it. The original recipes calls for the use of bread crumbs, but since I am eating primarily gluten and grain free, I wanted to do an updated version that works for the grain free crowd. This version has all of the flavor of the original, with one simple substitution…using almond (or cashew) meal in place of the bread crumbs.
It’s a simple recipe and only took about 10 minutes to put together and another 40 minutes to cook. Serve it with some steamed veggies or some of our roasted potatoes and yum…..a simple and incredibly tasty meal!
This recipe is super easy to make for one person, so be sure to scroll down for the recipe!
Here is the recipe for one! I fix this all of the time!
Almond Parmesan Chicken for One
This recipe is really quick to prepare and the perfect dish for one! Pair it with some mashed potatoes and veggies and yum!
- 1 boneless (skinless chicken breast)
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 1 1/2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp almond meal (you can grind your own if you need to)
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp real salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grind the almonds if necessary.
- Melt the butter in a small dish
- In a small bowl, mix together the parmesan cheese, almond meal and seasonings. Mix well.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the melted butter on both sides of the chicken.
- Roll the chicken in the almond mixture.
- Place coated chicken on a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining almond mixture on top of chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes (should cook to 165 degrees F)
Here is the full recipe!
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts
- ½ cup no-salt added almonds or almond meal
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp basil
- 1 tsp parsley
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp Himalayan salt
- 3-4 tbsp butter
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, F
- Grind the almonds in a coffee grinder or food processor until all big chunks are gone. (Skip this step if using almond meal)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine almond meal, parmesan cheese, oregano, basil, garlic powder, parsley and salt.
- Set aside.
- Melt the butter.
- Using a brush, brush melted butter onto one side of the chicken.
- Pour the almond mixture onto a plate.
- Dip the butter coated chicken in the almond mixture until fully coated.
- Repeat with the other side.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish sprayed with olive oil spray.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes, until internal temperature is over 165 degrees F.